Jonathan Hatch co-founded Madison Pacific in Hong Kong in 2010 to fill the need for a creative and pro-active trustee and agent for the Asian Market. Madison Pacific has since expanded hugely and has offices in Hong Kong, Beijing, Singapore, and London as well as business interests worldwide.
Jonathan has been based primarily in Asia since 1990 and involved in various aspects of investment and finance throughout the region. Jonathan also has significant insolvency, distress and acquisition experience from a legal, investment and restructuring perspective with over 30 years based in Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai and Taiwan.
Jonathan was formerly Asia’s Chief Operating Officer for a US-based hedge fund, Amaranth Advisors. Most recently, he was a Portfolio Manager for a global credit fund at Goldman Sachs investment fund Liberty Harbor.
He has served on the Board of Directors of funds and companies domiciled in Australia, BVI, Cayman Islands, Hong Kong, Mauritius, Singapore, Taiwan and United States. Jonathan was also a practicing lawyer for seven years, specializing in insolvency and M&A transactions for corporate and investor clients with NY Law firm, Cleary Gottlieb, based primarily in Hong Kong.
Jonathan received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Chicago in 1998 and a degree in International Development Economics from Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service in 1990. He speaks English and Mandarin.
- Member of HK Trustees Association
- Member of INSOL
- Member of Asia Society
- Member of Turnaround Management Association
- Gerson Lehman Group panel of experts on Asia Distressed Investing
- Member of Bar of New York
- Member of American Chamber of Commerce and 2015 Washington Door Knock Delegate
- Juris Doctorate, University of Chicago
- Chinese Law Certificate from the East China Institute of Law and Politics in Shanghai
- Bachelor of Science in International Economics, Georgetown University
- David Moffat Joins Madison Pacific in SingaporeOctober 2021 We are pleased to announce that David […]
- Essential Considerations in Navigating Agency ReplacementsIn times of economic growth, lending opportunities are aplenty and there is often a flurry of activity to close deals quickly and put credit to work. Borrowers, lenders, advisors, counsels, facility agents and security agents work in synergy in settling the documentation […]
- Madison Pacific Singapore Announces Appointments as Trustee, Registrar and Principal Agent of SGX-listed Convertible BondsOn August, Madison Pacific is pleased to announce that we have been appointed as Trustee, […]