Jonathan Hatch co-founded Madison Pacific in Hong Kong in 2010 to fill the need for a creative and pro-active trustee and agent for the Asian Market. Madison Pacific has since expanded hugely and has offices in Hong Kong, Beijing, Singapore, and London as well as business interests worldwide.
Jonathan has been based primarily in Asia since 1990 and involved in various aspects of investment and finance throughout the region. Jonathan also has significant insolvency, distress and acquisition experience from a legal, investment and restructuring perspective with over 30 years based in Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai and Taiwan.
Jonathan was formerly Asia’s Chief Operating Officer for a US-based hedge fund, Amaranth Advisors. Most recently, he was a Portfolio Manager for a global credit fund at Goldman Sachs investment fund Liberty Harbor.
He has served on the Board of Directors of funds and companies domiciled in Australia, BVI, Cayman Islands, Hong Kong, Mauritius, Singapore, Taiwan and United States. Jonathan was also a practicing lawyer for seven years, specializing in insolvency and M&A transactions for corporate and investor clients with NY Law firm, Cleary Gottlieb, based primarily in Hong Kong.
Jonathan received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Chicago in 1998 and a degree in International Development Economics from Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service in 1990. He speaks English and Mandarin.
- Member of HK Trustees Association
- Member of INSOL
- Member of Asia Society
- Member of Turnaround Management Association
- Gerson Lehman Group panel of experts on Asia Distressed Investing
- Member of Bar of New York
- Member of American Chamber of Commerce and 2015 Washington Door Knock Delegate
- Juris Doctorate, University of Chicago
- Chinese Law Certificate from the East China Institute of Law and Politics in Shanghai
- Bachelor of Science in International Economics, Georgetown University
- Madison Pacific London Hosts Inaugural Welcome Event in Support of CharitiesOn 2 March 2020, Madison Pacific London hosted their first ever event. […]
- Madison Pacific London Announces Court AppointmentMadison Pacific is pleased to announce we have been appointed as Replacement Security Trustee by the High Court of Justice in London. […]
- Madison Pacific London Announces Appointment of Vicky Münzer-JonesMadison Pacific is pleased to announce the appointment of Mrs. Vicky Münzer-Jones to head up their London office. […]